Having problems with BE11d? If you want to downgrade from 11d to 10d, this guide is for you.
- Ensure you have the backup of your 10d data and all your 10d license keys. (The backup directory is the one created during the 11d install.)
- Uninstall 11d and remove all data. Be sure to delete or move the catalogs and logs directories. The default locations for 11d are:
C:Program FilesSymantecBackup ExecNTCatalogs
C:Program FilesSymantecBackup ExecNTLogs
- Install 10d.
- Stop all Backup Exec services and copy all of the backed up data into their original location. For a default 10d install, this will be:
C:Program FilesVERITASBackup ExecNTCatalogs
- Restart all Backup Exec services.
- Step 4 means you lost the catalogs for all backups that happened after the upgrade from 10d to 11d. Consider re-cataloging all tapes written to while running v11.
- Remember to downgrade all of the agents you've installed. This will sometimes require a reboot of the client you're downgrading.
Tip: Sometimes BE11d licenses will work on a BE10 server- but not always. If you didn't keep track of your BE10 licenses after you upgraded, try using your BE11d licenses before making a panic call to Symantec.
Tip: License Keys are stored on each server in the file C:WindowsBESERNUM.XML. If you lost your BE10 licenses, check your backups for this file.
Process originally based on a post in the Symantec forum at: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=115&message.id=8719&jump=true#M8719