If you get the error: "Final error: 0xe0000900 – The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation." even though the media has been inventoried, fear not, there is usually a solution.
This error often occurs when performing a Disaster Recovery, and you need to re-catalog the backup media to reflect the latest contents. Even though the error message suggests running an inventory on the media, the problem persists.
- Change to the media view
- Right click the problem media, and select Associate with Media Set
- Select the Retired Media media set and click OK
- Right click the media again, and select Delete
- Click OK
- Re inventory the backup device
- Your media should reappear in the media view
- Right click the media and select Catalog Media
This process usually resolves the problem.