If you are using Backup Exec 11d build 6235, you'll no doubt be aware that build 7170 is available. Why upgrade? What does 7170 offer that 6235 doesn't?
- Support for Windows Vista as a Remote Agent platform
- Support for Microsoft Exchange server 2007
- Support for Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 (with Hotfix 6)
- Support for Oracle 8i
- Support for Intel based Apple Macs
- Granular restore of Active Directory items on a 64-bit domain controller
- Support for 64-bit SQL server for a 32-bit Sharepoint 2003 farm
- Support for SAP on x64
- Support for VMware VCB off-host backup
Often in the event of a problem, the first response will be to upgrade to the latest build of Backup Exec, with all the latest hotfixes.
Service Pack 2 for build 6235 was released at the same time as Service Pack 1 for build 7170. However, upon the release of Service Pack 2 for build 7170 there was no corresponding release for build 6235, perhaps indicating Symantec's desire for all users to be on build 7170.